Monday, August 31, 2009

Just when you thought you'd heard it all.....

I have seen and heard many sad things in my life. Loosing a loved one is very hard to grasp. But, I believe being told that someone very close to you tried to end their own life is the hardest thing so far I have ever had to deal with; especially since it involves a child. I'm not going into any detail here. All that is important is the fragility of life. And, when someone tries to willingly take care of it disturbs me. This is a new area to me and something I don't want to ever face again. Hopefully the immediate family feels the same way and has had their eyes opened to what the effects of their actions has caused.

I wish people would wake up and understand the importance of living a Godly life. A life of surety, hope, and service. One that doesn't promise tomorrow, but promises a wonderful eternity. People need to wake up to the urgency to know Christ because we don't know when our number will be called. People need to stop living a life of self service, but living to serve others and stop being so selfish. Children are not punching bags or telephones to give all one's problems. THEY ARE CHILDREN; LET THEM BE!!!!! I could go on and on, but this is enough as one can probably read my anger.

Today is a sad day, but also a new day. Hopefully the help that is needed will be found. God is not finished with this child yet. This whole ordeal has brought me closer to the value of life and how we spend our time. One more reason for me to vow to live my life for God and God alone; nothing else matters.

Thanks for letting me share this. Please pray for this situation.

Until next time . . .

1 comment: