Thursday, August 13, 2009

Perseids Take 2

I couldn't resist the chance of viewing more of the Perseids Meteor Shower....so I stayed up again! Needless to say this is a glasses day instead of contacts. Anyway. I didn't stay outside as much this time; I was smarter. I took a nap in my recliner until about 1:15 am and then outside I went. Yes, I know the peak of the shower is between 2 and 4 am, but I do have to function at work the next day people. ha ha

The nights, well mornings is more like it, have been wonderful. One couldn't ask for better weather. I didn't stay out long this morning, unfortunately. I sure wanted to, but man. The display was a bit more active between 1 and 2 am today than they were yesterday. I will close with this. I have seen several meteor showers; parts of them-one day I will stay up all night and watch the whole thing until the sun comes up. But, this morning I saw the best, most spectacular, and beautiful meteor to date. It was HUGE!!! The fireball on the end was bright white, but the tail (train) WOW..magnificent! It went soaring across the sky like white fire, but the tail was first green and pinkish...then the white fireball lit up again and the tail went to white and purple. The tail stayed visible in the it's arch form for about a minute. It was so awesome. As soon as I saw it, even though for an instant, I could do nothing but gasp and praise God for His mighty works!

When I finally went back to bed I had instant replays of all the meteors as soon as I closed my eyes; that's all I could see. So amazing.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment