Tuesday, August 25, 2009

#8 complete with Coyotes!

This morning was with out a doubt, definitely a fog day! As the sun was coming up, yes I was up as the sun was coming up, I could see the fog quietly resting on the ground. I can tell the season and location of the sun is changing because of how it comes in my bedroom windows. The windows are at the head of my bed and the sun peaks through the blinds as it's coming up over the horizon. Which, since the sun is now rising directly in the path of my windows, is causing me to wake up earlier....good thing, fall mornings are breath taking! Anyway, it was a beautiful, foggy morning. The sunrise had an orangy-pinkish hue and was calm and relaxing. I just love fall-like mornings!

Since the weather has been lovely I have been keeping all the windows open; definitely has it's advantages. However, this morning I was abruptly awaken by a disadvantage-the shrilling, ear piercing sound of coyotes! They were so loud and several of them that they woke me up. They were actually pretty close to the house this morning; right next to the front yard. It sounded as though they were right out my window, but they weren't quite that close. I had the howls in surround sound. I could hear them in the distance through my bathroom windows, echoing from the living room windows, and loud and clear from my bedroom windows. They were so active they got my mom and dad's dogs barking! It was toe tingling to say the least.

Well, August is almost over. It has been quite an interesting month as far as the weather is concerned. Not our typical weather for this time of year. Overall this has been a great summer considering June was our hottest month. It's almost like we are ahead in the seasons...can't wait to see what September has in store.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment