Thursday, August 27, 2009

#'s 9 and 10

I forgot to post yesterday, but we again had fog. So, by my tallies that is 9 fogs so far for the month of August. This was a big, heavy fog too. Don't know if that says anything for the snow, but I did notice this was a dense fog compared to most we have had for the month.

We had fog #10 this morning. Actually, I knew there was fog even before the sun came up. You see, since the weather has been so nice I have had my windows open. Well, let me just tell you right here...I hear everything at night. My senses are so intune at night time I think I could hear a needle hit a haystack! Anyway, I knew it was foggy at about 4:45 this am because I was outside. It was actually kind of neat. I walked out on my porch and was in the fog; it was like I was in a cloud because the fog was down at the ground level and thick. I bet you're wondering what in the world I was doing out at that time; there was no meteor shower-couldn't have seen it anyway due to the fog. Let me back up a minute. I was abruptly awaken to a sound of something crashing. Of course I had to lay there in my bed for a bit to see if I heard anything again. When I finally got the nerve I got up and turned all the lights on. This was sure to scare off anything that shouldn't be there. I put my glasses on so I could see and out the door I went. Of course I couldn't see anything because 1-it was dark outside, and 2-it was foggy. Since the porch light only goes so far I got the remote to my car and flipped the headlights on; nothing. Then, out of the shadows and the looming fog there IT was.......a big fat stinking armadillo! Absolutely hate those things. Many questions were answered in the wee hours of the morning today...I found out what made the crashing noise, discovered what was digging in my yard and flower beds, and discovered what was killing my flowers! I wish I had a pistol.

So, we are up to #10 fog in August according to my records. I am thinking I may have missed one last week because it looked hazy in the morning like there had been a fog, but I didnt' count it. I think that was a fog day and the bulk of it had lifted prior to me seeing it. I also think this was a day I reported patchy fog. Who knows. Again, this is not a definite calculation. It is merely a prediction and quite fun to count and report.

Have a wonderful day my fellow blogger buddies!!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment