Thursday, August 27, 2009

Little Miss Blue Girl

This is a special double post day....I must report and pictures will follow for sure. You know I mentioned in an earlier post that our fall cows are calving. Well, we have a blue rhone cow, yes she is blue-ish. I told day earlier in the month, "I sure wish the blue cow would have a blue heifer so we can keep her for a cow." Well, I got home last night around 10:30 pm and dad was just coming back on the four wheeler from checking the cows. **Note-he watches those things like a hawk during calving season to make sure they don't need help having their babies. It think they get checked at least 3 times day. Anyway. He drives up and says to me, "Sis, what was your wish?" Of course I immediately thought he was talking about my charlois cow that is more than likely bred to the herford bull, Johnny-that would produce a cream colored with white face calf (I hope she has a heifer so I can keep it). He says, "No, what was your wish?" Of course I couldn't remember. Then he said, "Didn't you wish for something blue?" Oh my goodness ya'll I was so excited!!! I said, "let's go look at it!" It was 10:30 at night. But, my good ole daddy took me to see. He told me to be quiet because he knew how I'd be when I saw the calf; I squeel like a little girl at Christmas. He drove up to Old Blue Lady and there SHE was; a perfect, beautiful blue heifer. I instantly loved her and told him I must purchase her from him. Well, I'll probably have to duke it out with mom, but money is already on the table and I'm going to win this one; I hope. I hope to get a picture of Little Miss Blue Girl in a few days.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment