Monday, August 24, 2009

Patchy #7

Well, fog #7 but it was patchy...only foggy over the lakes and valley areas. But a fog is a fog is a fog.

Had a super weekend. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! Got so busy cleaning the house and messing around outside that I totally blew my time getting ready to go to my dear friend Sara's spa party. I have already apologized and received forgiveness from my friend. Time just got away from me. Sorry again Sara!

Opened my windows up Friday night when I got home from work and haven't closed them yet. I love love love this weather. Weird for August because it feels like fall and September weather. I have windows at the head of my bed and have woken up the last two mornings to the birds singing...so pleasant. Yesterday, though, I woke up to woodpeckers, but it wasn't too bad! ha ha Still though, it is so peaceful with the windows open. The place gets aired out and you hear all of nature. The horses are behind my house so I hear them all the time, plus at night I get to hear the coyotes singing...eary sound because they are so close to the house. But, still pleasant.

Some of our mama cows are calving right now. I love going with dad to check on the cows because more than likely there'll be a new baby calf. We checked them twice yesterday; shortly after church and then again in the evening. The first time we went there was one new baby; pretty fresh too! Then, in the evening we were counting the cows and babies to make sure they were all there an no mama out of pocket (aka off having a calf) and low and behold there was another new baby; also pretty fresh. She was learning how to get moo juice (aka milk) for the first time. So cute!!!

Our cattle are split into two heards; spring babies and fall babies. These are the best times of the year: spring + new baby calves; fall + new baby calves. Absolutely love farm life. Wish I had a cowboy to share it with. Hope to have pictures of baby calves posted soon! There are some real cuties.

Well, that's all for now. Nothing more exciting going on other than being a Monday.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment