Monday, September 28, 2009

Now there's 3

Well, it is official...my sister is now a single mother to three girls. She has been legal guardian to all three girls (sisters) since early 2007 and the two oldest girls have lived with her since December 06. But now all three sisters are back under the same roof. The youngest of the three wasn't to move in with my sister until her oldest sister graduates from high school in the spring. But, my sister prayed hard about everything and the time had come that the sisters needed to be together. So, over the weekend we had an addition to the family. Oh, she's been apart since the day my sister took the oldest two into her home while the youngest lived with someone else in our church. But, it's nice having them all together. And, it's nice claiming I have three nieces!

I don't tell her (because she would tell me I'm being dramatic), but my sister is really a hero to me. I don't think I could never have done or be strong enough to take in three children (now ages 12, 15, & 17) and raise them by myself. She willfully put her life on hold for someone else who desperately needed help. She has definitely taken to these girls like a momma wolf does her young. I suggest no one cross her if they know what's good for them. ha ha ha No, seriously...she is very protective and won't let anyone harm these girls ever again.

Love my sister and commend her for the unselfish sacrifices she has been willing to make. Family Rocks!!!

Until next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! And yes, you do have a wonderful sister...except you should tell her...it would make her day to know she is your hero.Sniff....Sniff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee is AWESOME! I think she is everyone's hero!!!

    ReplyDelete